VALUED RESIDENTS & GUESTS
To protect our team members, residents and guests, all community offices will be on a “soft close”. Meaning, they will be limited to team members only. Essential tasks (payment processing, move ins, lease renewals, resident concerns, emergencies, etc.) will be handled behind locked/closed doors. Some offices may also be managed remotely.
- We ask everyone to contact us via telephone or email to minimize physical contact.
- All community contact information (phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers, etc.) will remain the same and monitored regularly.
- In addition to practicing social distancing, all team members have been advised to routinely use sanitizing/cleaning products on all high touch community areas (gates, doors, handrails, countertops, cabinets, mailboxes, etc.).
- All community activities have been suspended until further notice.
- All community buildings (clubhouses, social halls, kitchens, etc.) have been closed until further notice.
- All utility system care (water/sewer meter reads, lift station/well maintenance) will continue as scheduled.
- Emergency maintenance situations (those that if it allowed to remain, could cause injury, threaten health or cause serious property damage) will be addressed promptly. We have temporarily suspended all “non-emergency” work orders and ask for patience during this period.
- We ask all residents to continue to make timely payments (rent, utility, mortgage, etc) to assist us with our business continuity goals.
- We will be able to continue with previously scheduled improvement projects (paving, amenities, repairs, etc) as soon as possible.
- We encourage all residents to enroll in our automatic payment program (it’s free, ensures timely payment and eliminates office visits).
- Payments can always be made via Community Drop Boxes.
- Residents must adhere to all local, state, federal and CDC guidelines.
- All incentive programs (move in, referral, etc) remain in effect.
- Contact the Community Office for details or to make a referral.
- Share our “virtual tour” information with friends and relatives looking for a great home.
- See the interior, exterior and layout online.
- Take this extra time at home for spring projects and clean up. We will begin our Spring Inspections as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Organize “eye spy” type activities by placing fun items in a visible place (window, porch, etc) families can during a community walk and create a text chain or group to share results
Wisconsin Order https://evers.wi.gov/Documents/COVID19/EMO12-SaferAtHome.pdf
Wisconsin Assistance https://www.tomorrowshomefoundation.org/other-resources
Minnesota Order https://mn.gov/governor/assets/3a.%20EO%2020-20%20FINAL%20SIGNED%20Filed_tcm1055-425020.pdf
Michigan Order https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-522626–,00.html
Visit our community social media specific community information.