If you are looking to refresh your living space, specifically your furniture, this summer – we have you covered! Today, we are sharing 5 easy DIY furniture makeovers you can try at home to spice up your current living arrangement. Which one of these are you going to try in your home?
- Window Shutter Mail Organizer: Organizing your mail and other important documents has never been so easy! Take an old window shutter and “DIY” it the color or pattern of your choice. Then simply use the panels of the shutter to hold any paperwork you need. You can also install hooks at the bottom to hang your keys.
- Decoupage Coffee Table: A traditional coffee table is helpful to organize and store everyday items but imagine if it could be more than that? The art of decoupage is to decorate with paper cutouts and other supplies, then coating with clear glue. You can transform a basic coffee table into a work of art by using this technique to choose a theme and make it all your own.
- Drawer Shelves: This idea is for all the vintage-lovers out there. You can create your own DIY shelving just by using dresser or cabinet drawers. Fill the shelving with whatever you desire (perhaps some other form of vintage décor?) and add a unique touch to your home.
- Chalkboard Furniture: Panel your old filing cabinets or cabinet doors with chalkboard paper and transform them into a creative space to write your ideas, dreams, or to-do’s. This is a great option for families with children. Drawing on the furniture has never been so fun!
- Wallpapered Cabinetry: If you want to add a splash of excitement to your kitchen or living room cabinetry, consider adding wallpaper to the back of your cabinets. This small accent adds the perfect unique touch and spices up any neutral shelving unit. Choose a color or pattern that matches the theme of your room to make the space more cohesive.