With 4th of July just a few days away, it is time to start plan prepping and deciding how you are going to spend the holiday and a much-needed long weekend. Whether you prefer to stay at home or go out and enjoy this festivities, 4th of July is all about having fun. If you do not have any pre-existing plans, here are 5 fun and easy ways you can celebrate the holiday from the comfort of your own home!
- Have a backyard barbeque: Grilling out on the 4th of July is a popular way to celebrate. If you are looking for festive “American-style” meal, consider hamburgers and corn-on-the-cob. Otherwise, you can create a menu all your own or invite family and friends over for a potluck-style meal.
- Indulge in some festive treats: Whatever your favorite summer dessert may be, treat yourself to a fun snack on the holiday. The holiday is normally on the warm side, so if you are looking for a DIY-recipe, consider making homemade popsicles in your favorite flavors. For a festive twist, make them in festive colors!
- Dress in patriotic gear: Dressing in the colors of the American flag is another simple way to celebrate the holiday. Pull out your best red, white, and blue and have a photoshoot with your friends or family.
- Play backyard games: Choose your favorite outdoor game or activity and set up a game of it in your backyard. 4th of July is a great day to spend time outdoors and enjoy the sunshine.
- Make a festive craft: If you prefer crafts over sports, you could find instructions to make your very own festive craft for the 4th. Pinterest can be a great resource to find unique crafts or a new festive recipe to try out.
What are your 4th of July plans? Let us know on our Facebook page, @AssetDevelopmentGroup!