The spookiest time of the year is quickly approaching – it is only a few short weeks away! If you still have some decorating left to do or just some extra time on your hands, we are here today with a few easy and fun DIY projects to get you ready for Halloween. Grab a family member, try one or all of these out, and let us know how they turn out by tagging us on social media (@assetedevelopmentgroup). Also, feel free to share any of your own! (Remember to always make sure your holiday decorations follow community policy.)
- Carve a Pumpkin (or two!) – Probably the most straightforward way to get your home ready for Halloween is to pick up a few pumpkins and get carving! Pick a design you love and personalize your pumpkin to be completely your own. If the carving process is not your favorite, you can also try painting a pumpkin or drawing on it with a permanent marker.
- Mason Jar Lanterns – If you have some extra jars lying around, this next project is perfect for you. Take an old jar, paint the inside of it any Halloween color you desire, pop in a tealight candle, and you have a perfect little lantern. With all of the lights turned off, this small touch can give your home the perfect glow.
- Mug Decorating – Plain mugs can be the perfect canvas for decorating into a Halloween masterpiece. Choose a popular Halloween character and a Sharpie and get sketching!
- Pumpkin Vase – For a twist on decorating a typical pumpkin, try giving your pumpkin a non-traditional use! Carve a hole into the top of the pumpkin, replacing the stem with a plastic cup. Insert flowers or another plant of your choice and you instantly have a whimsical twist on a traditional vase.
- “Torched” Plants – Plastic plants can easily be spray painted for a creepier look. Take any type of plastic plant and some black spray paint to easily make this plant DIY. Cover the top with a bit of dark colored sand and you’re good to go. Reuse your spooky plant seasonally and never worry about giving it a drop of water!