The spring season brings colorful decorating trends, most notably florals and pastel colors. Today, we are going to be sharing a few easy spring décor ideas to brighten your home and transform it for the spring and summertime.
- Include Pops of Color: If you typically stick to a neutral or minimal theme with your decorating, consider adding in some pops of color for the spring season. Pastels can be a great option, but color of any kind can spruce up your current decorations and create a fun change for the new season. Toss a colorful throw blanket on the end of your bed or include a colorful print on your wall.
- Contrasting Décor: Including a variety of different fabrics and materials can help achieve a much lighter look and feel, which is perfect for spring. Mixing wood with a larger mirror or an acrylic table can be a beautiful combination to try. Additionally, you can try mixing a crisp white comforter with a dark wall color to create a beautiful contrast.
- Brighter Lights: Consider switching out your lightbulbs to a brighter hue for spring and summer. Instead of cooler light, try a bright white or yellow light to brighten up your home and accent this with some bright-colored decorations.
- Use Plants in Your Decorating: Plants are a year-round decoration for some households, but for others they are only seasonal. Springtime can be the perfect opportunity to pull out those indoor plants for decoration. They are sure to spruce up any kitchen or living area. *Remember, some plants can be toxic to animals. If you have one at home, please do your research before choosing. *
- Decorate with Yellows: Yellow is undoubtedly a spring staple. You may have never thought to decorate with it, but it can be a great color to consider in your day-to-day decorating. Whether it is yellow curtains, yellow flatware, or just a yellow throw blanket, this color is sure to make you smile when you notice it in your home.