Spring has arrived and it can be the perfect time for spring cleaning and sprucing up around your home. The spring season is a great time to check things off your to-do list before the heat and humidity rolls around in early summer. Below, are a few items you may want to add or check off your home “to-dos” list during these early spring months to avoid a long list during the summer.
- Invest in Patio Furniture – If you have any sort of deck or patio attached to your home, it may be a good idea to think about investing in some outdoor furniture. Not only can it make your outdoor space look more put together, but it is also an important space to prepare for backyard BBQs and relaxation during the summer.
- Clean Your Windows – Giving your windows a good clean, both inside and out, is the perfect spring project. While you are at it, check your screens for any damage and repair if needed. You may also want to give your shades a good dusting.
- Inspect Your Skirting – Skirting is one of the most important parts of a mobile home, as it provides protection from bad weather and helps save energy. Though, it can be easily damaged. Giving the skirting on your home a thorough inspection during the spring months is smart and if there is wear and tear, it gives you plenty of time to get it replaced before summer rolls around.
- Manicure Your Lawn – Your lawn is an important part of your site that gives a good first impression. Making sure it is clean and well-kept is crucial. Planting a small garden or hanging a few bird feeders can also help to make this space look beautified for the spring and summer months.
- “Un-Winterize” Your Home – Each winter you spend in your mobile home, it is important to start a list of what items you made changes to throughout your home while winterizing it. These items must be reset or “un-winterized” once the spring months roll around. Here are just a few items you should inspect and fix as needed after a long winter:
- Air Ducts
- Thermostat Batteries
- Smoke Alarm Batteries
- Damage to Your Roof
As part of the spring cleanup, inspections will be carried out during the upcoming weeks. Your community manager will be inspecting your site and alerting you of any necessary safety & cosmetic repairs to your home or property. These inspections are all part of keeping our communities safe and looking great!
For a full list of recommended updates, check out: https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/5-must-do-mobile-home-maintenance-projects-for-spring-summer/