Do you have an aging home in need of some TLC? There are a number of easy ways to update, or “modernize”, your manufactured home without much strain at all to your pocketbook. Simple changes can completely transform a home, giving it new life for years to come.
- Try Out a New Paint Color on Your Walls: Simply giving your walls a fresh coat of paint can be an easy way to update your home. Chipped or fading paint can be a clear indication that a home is aging so covering it with something new is a quick fix. Use popular magazines and Internet to research what color schemes are currently popular or choose something completely your own. Either way, it is sure to be transformative.
- Install Modern Light Fixtures: Indulge in something new by updating your current light fixtures to something more modern. Industrial-themed or whimsical fixtures are definitely up-and-coming but if that is not your style, consider simply replacing the old for something similar, but still new.
- Swap Out Your Furnishings for New Items: Refreshing your home décor can be another simple way to modernize your home. Whether you have a set style or wish to dive into something completely new, replacing even a few items can make all the difference in giving your home new life. For a budget-friendly option, consider shopping at secondhand or thrift stores for new pieces. In fact, these stores often hold the most hidden of gems.
- Removing Old Carpeting: It is only natural for carpeting to get grungy and gross after a number of years. Carpet styles are also often quick to come and go. Consider removing and replacing your current carpet for a new style or color. You won’t believe how much it does for your space!
- Replacing the Little Things: Small items like drawer handles, doorknobs, and electrical outlet covers are other items that can deteriorate over time. Making sure they are all alike is another way to keep things looking updated.
Have you completed any recent remodels to your home? Be sure to tag us in your photos on social media, @assetdevelopmentgroup – we would love to see!