With each changing season comes the need to prepare your manufactured home for the weather ahead. This is just as important before summer rolls around, as excessive heat or humidity can cause damage to your home. Today, we are sharing a list of steps you should consider taking before the summer season to make sure your home is ready for it.
- Have Your Air Conditioner Serviced: Staying cool in the summer is crucial, especially for those extra hot days. Make sure your air conditioner is in proper working order beforehand, so you are not left feeling miserable when the heat arrives. A/C can also help to dehumidify the air in your home.
- Test Your Ceiling Fans, if Applicable: Similarly, ensuring your ceiling fans are functioning properly is another important step. While you are at it, give the blades a good dusting and ensure that the units are blowing in the proper direction. (counterclockwise). If your home does not have any ceiling fans, consider investing in a few portable fans, just in case.
- Cover Your Windows with Window Film to Insulate: A great option to help stay cool in the summer is to line your windows with a window film. This film can provide you with UV rejection as well as glare protection, keeping cooling costs low.
- Check for Cracking: The summer heat provides the perfect environment for bugs and pests of all kinds. Ensure that these pests stay outside where they belong by checking for cracking in your windows and doors and re-sealing where necessary.
- Create a Summer Atmosphere in Your Home: This last tip is optional but if you are a big fan of the summer season, consider “sprucing up” your home to fit the season. Purchase a big bouquet of summer flowers or a few summer-themed scents for your space. It is sure to get you right in the spirit of the season!
What is your favorite season? Let us know down in the comments!