After a long winter, spring’s arrival can be the perfect time to ease your use of utilities and save some money in the process. Excessive use of your heating and cooling systems in the summer and winter can cause serious pressure to your pocketbook and with calmer conditions, comes the ability to save on your bills. Below, are a few easy ways to take advantage of the season and save on your utility costs this spring.
- Switch on Ceiling Fans Wherever Possible: Using ceiling fans instead of your A/C when you are able is a great way to save money on utility costs. These cost nothing to use and offer a practically equivalent source of cooling to your home. Make sure they are spinning in a counterclockwise direction to create that direct breeze.
- Examine Your Home for Air Leaks: Don’t let your pocketbook fall victim to pesky air leaks during the spring months. Assess your entire home for any potential pockets where outside air may be able to get in or out and fill any you come across with caulk.
- Keep Your Bathroom Fans Running: This may seem like a waste of electricity, but these small fans can be majorly helpful in saving you money on cooling. They help to suck out heat and humidity, making your home much more comfortable in the process.
- Install Energy-Efficient Window Treatments: Making the switch to energy-efficient window coverings, such as blinds and shades can reduce the amount of heat that enters your home on warmer days, reducing your energy costs.
- Service Your A/C Unit Each Year: It is important to make sure that your air conditioner is working properly before each summer season. Making sure the air filters are clean or replaced if necessary is very important. Spring is the perfect time to get this inspection so that you are prepared when you really need to use it.
Discover some more helpful tips here: https://www.energy.gov/articles/10-energy-saving-tips-spring