Every so often, a problem can arise in your home. Typically, these are easy fixes but sometimes you will encounter a problem that is more serious and requires immediate attention. Anything that affects the health and safety of residents in your home can fall into this category. Below, is a list of a few home-related issues that you should NOT ignore.
- Damaged Roof – Damage to a roof can show up overnight and is quite possibly the most important issue to address. Any noticeable damage to your roof should be inspected and taken care of as soon as possible. If left be, this damage can contribute to water or other unwanted substances seeping through the cracks or holes in your roof and into your home.
- Mold – Mold and mildew can be a hazard to our health and should be checked for on a regular basis. They are most regularly found in damp environments without a lot of light. (showers, basements, attics) Once you notice growth, make a plan to have it removed so that it does not contribute to health issues down the road.
- Leaking Pipes or Faucets – If you notice a leaky faucet in your home, the first best thing to do would be to check your pipes for any leaks as well. Dripping faucets can mean much more than human error. If you leave the problem untouched, it can contribute to water damage in your home and a more expensive water bill.
- Pests – Animals, no matter how big or small, can cause serious damage to your home if not taken care of in a timely fashion. Not only are they unsightly and smelly, but they are a major cause of contamination of your air, water and food and can cause structural damage long-term.
- Drafty Windows – If you notice a regular breeze or a chill and can not put your finger on the cause, you may want to check your windows for drafts. Drafty windows, especially in the wintertime, can cause discomfort and skyrocket your heating and cooling bills year-round.