The new year can be a perfect opportunity to get organized in various spots in your home. Today, we will be discussing some easy and inventive kitchen organization hacks for you to try out in 2021. Happy organizing!
- Ditch Cardboard Boxes for Organizers – Your pantry can be a top spot for disorganization and messes, due to the large amounts of cardboard boxes and bags. Instead keeping all those bulky boxes around, consider switching them out for reusable organization tubs. Pre-packaged snacks can easily be transferred from bulky cardboard boxes to these tubs for easy grab-and-go.
- Label Your Spices – If you are an avid cook or baker, you probably have that one drawer that is overflowing with all sorts of spice jars. Spices can be one of the easiest items to become disorganized because typically the jars will look identical. Labeling your spices can be a great way to keep them categorized and always know where to find the one you are looking for.
- Design a “Coffee Mug Wall” – Coffee mugs can be the number one source of clutter in cabinets. If you simply have too many coffee mugs for your cabinets, take them to the wall! You can display colorful mugs with wall hooks as a sort of art piece. Easy storage, plus you will always have a story to tell guests about each one.
- Mason Jar Storage – For decorative storage for your counter, try filling mason jars with baking ingredients, such as flour and sugar, or snacks like mixed nuts or trail mix. Using these jars make your counter look more organized and are a cleaner look than a bunch of bags or boxes.
- Under-Microwave Storage – If you have limited counter space in your kitchen, consider lifting your microwave to take advantage of extra space underneath. Using a riser or other tool, slightly elevate your microwave and use the additional room for storing small snacks, coffee pods, or spices.