Doing the laundry can be a drag, but the right techniques can make completing this chore a breeze! Today, we will be sharing a few laundry hacks that not only help you cut down laundry time but are also environmentally friendly and energy-saving.
- DIY Spot Treater – With just a small mixture of baking soda and white vinegar, you can remove stubborn stains fast. Once you’ve mixed the ingredients, gently apply, let sit for a while, and then wash just like normal. Watch your stains disappear!
- Shake Out Your Clothes Before Transferring – Before you transfer your wet clothes from the washer to the dryer, shake them out a few times. This can help the fabric dry faster and create less wrinkles in the process.
- Aluminum Foil Dryer Sheets – Out of dryer sheets? Try aluminum foil! As a ball, it works just the same and can be re-used for up to six months at a time!
- Wash Your Clothes in Cold – For an energy-saving hack, try consistently washing your loads of clothes on cold instead of hot. Making the switch could save your household up to $40 per year on your energy bills!
- Unshrinking Hack – Did you accidently shrink your favorite shirt in the wash? Try your hand at reversing the act by using lukewarm water and baby shampoo. Soak the garment for 10 minutes, lay flat, and gently stretch the item while it is damp. Then, let it lay flat to dry and watch the magic happen.
- Use Tennis Balls to Add Fluff – If you are looking to add some extra softness to your sheets and towels, throw a few tennis balls into the dryer. They act as dryer balls and add fluff and softness in a natural way.