Spring has arrived which means spring cleaning time is here! This time of year can be a perfect time to get organized and refreshed for the upcoming summer months and we are here to help the process go as smooth as possible! Below is a master list of 15 activities you will want to be sure to tackle this spring. Not all apply to every household, but this list is a great place to start.
- Open all of your windows to air out your home before cleaning.
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer and dispose of any spoiled items. Wipe down the interior shelves with a disinfecting cloth or wet paper towel to get rid of any mess.
- Disinfect all door handles and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Dust throughout your home – especially any hard-to-reach areas (overhead lights, ceiling fans, lampshades, etc.)
- Replace lightbulbs where needed.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors if it has been a while since their last change. Also, check them for loose wires or faulty connections.
- Wash household fabrics, such as bedding, throw pillows and curtains.
- Declutter your closet(s) and donate any unused items.
- Wash your windows and window treatments.
- Wash and shake out your rugs.
- Inspect your roof for missing or damaged spots.
- Prepare your yard for planting season by trimming down any old or unruly greenery.
- Move your appliances out and clean any buildup behind left behind.
- Give your bathtub a good scrub.
- Move your furniture around in order to get a good dusting of the underneath.
For additional ideas of how to clean your home top-to-bottom, check out this link: https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/cleaning-from-top-to-bottom/