As we enter the winter months and are still in the midst of a global pandemic, it is more important than ever to take care of ourselves and keep safe and healthy this winter season. With all of us spending extra time at home right now, remembering to practice healthy habits is crucial. In this post, we will be sharing some easy ways to keep you and your family “healthy at home” this winter season.
- Wash Your Hands Regularly – This may be the most self-explanatory tip of them all, but it is with no doubt the most important. It is especially important to do so if you leave the house or are arriving home from work.
- Wipe Down Kitchen Surfaces Regularly – Any sort of high-touch appliance or surface should be cleaned regularly, especially any that are touched by multiple hands at once.
- Cycle Your Sponges and Towels – Did you know that you can clean a sponge in the dishwasher?! Sponges and towels that are frequently used can be a huge carrier of bacteria and should be cleaned often. If you want an easy cleaning fix, place your sponge in the dishwasher on a high temp. One trip through the dry cycle, and it will be good as new.
- Wash Your Bedding Frequently – Bedsheets and comforters can be a huge carrier of germs and allergens, which is why it is important to wash these items frequently. Once a week is ideal.
- Wipe Down Doorknobs and Handles Every Day – The simple task of wiping down doorknobs and other frequently-touched handles can be a big contributor to stop the spread of illness. Taking a simple disinfecting wipe or spray with paper towel can quickly do the trick.
For more health-friendly habits to practice, visit: https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-home-guide#how-to-clean-a-house