Protecting Your Investment
- Dwelling – covers the basic dwelling for fire, wind, hail, smoke damage, etc.Other Structures – covers structures such as storage sheds, decks and awnings.
- Personal Property – covers your personal items such as clothes, televisions and other items brought into the house after the purchase of the home.
- Loss of Use – provides additional payment for additional living expenses should you be required to vacate the home while under repair or replacement.
- Personal Liability – provides you legal coverage to protect against lawsuit.
- Medical Payments – provides payments to someone other than a family member who may be injured in or on your property.
A good insurance company will be able to walk you through these types of coverage.
In addition, home owners should look for breakdown coverage, which provides additional protection for repair or replacement of components such as furnaces, central air conditioners, major appliances, televisions, etc.
Bottom line: when purchasing insurance, make sure you have the right coverage for your home and family. It is up to you to protect your investment.